Community Forum

Early Termination Fee not applicable and report dishonest and incompetent billing department agents

Regular Visitor

Early Termination Fee not applicable and report dishonest and incompetent billing department agents

Hi there,

I am a former customer for xfinity internet at the College Park, MD area. I entered the service through phone, and was told that I would NOT be charged with any Early termination fee because of the university area. At the time I disconnected, I was again promised that I won't be charge ETF. However, 4 months ago, after I disconnected the service for 6 months, I got a paper statement stating that I owe Comcast $183. I contacted Comcast immediately and got reaffirmed that I was good for no liabilities.

However, again, this time even worse, guess what? Recently, I found this debt reflected on my credit report and this goes to the collection agent. SURPRISE!!! Then, I contacted the "helpful" customer service again - the billing department and talked with 3 representatives. Half of them are incompetent and dishonest. Keep telling me lies and being very rude. I tried my best to reach out a higher level personal from Comcast but I failed.

While the only really helpful one told me the truth. From their record, I didn't even agree to the contract and there wasn't any signs of agreement to the contract. Therefore, I should not be charged the ETF fee. He said that my case was solved and the ETF will be removed. However, I don't remember how many "however"s I have so far, after several days, the $183 ETF still sit on my account. Now, I am writing this down here and hopefully someone really having the authority can solve the issue. 

Best,

A former Xfinity customer

Regular Visitor

Re: Early Termination Fee not applicable and report dishonest and incompetent billing department age

Posted this several days ago. No ONE from Comcast even answer or care about this. What a 'great' customer service!

Official Employee

Re: Early Termination Fee not applicable and report dishonest and incompetent billing department age

Hi Jeff91, I am showing that you called in recently and per notes it looks like this was resolved. If this is not the case or you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you