Community Forum

ETF and Disconnect fee for non serviceable area?

New Poster

ETF and Disconnect fee for non serviceable area?

Hi everyone,

I just cancelled my 12-month Xfinity internet service because I'm moving to a apartment unit which does not allow comcast. they only have ATT wiring so comcast is not able to get me a connection.

When setting up the internet, I kept asking the Comcast representative if I would be charged an early termination fee (ETF) if moving to a non-serviceable area, and he said "no" on multiple occasions. Now that I'm cancelling my service, however, I'm told that I'll be charged the prorated month plus a $110 ETF!

During the signup, I had also went to the store, and they said me the same thing. Now the agent on the phone is blamming me that I should have read the full contract in detail and I should never trust the comcast representatives on phone or store? WOW!

This is ludicrous and I feel like I've been lied to. I am thinking of going to the Consumer agencies, attorney general and FTC to file a complaint. I have a solid proof to prove my point. Really not happy with comcast behaviour!

Account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Expert

Re: ETF and Disconnect fee for non serviceable area?

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: ETF and Disconnect fee for non serviceable area?

Hi, mk2552 - I can check your contract and provide more information regarding ETF charges if you send me your full name, address, and a phone number in a private message. Thank you!