Community Forum

E-billing failed - I'm going back to paper billing

Highlighted
New Poster

E-billing failed - I'm going back to paper billing

Not a question.. just a notification.  I had e-billing and it was working OK for several months.  Then it hiccuped in July 2020 and did not send me the "Your bill is ready to view" email.  I depend on seeing that notification as a reminder to go online and pay the bill.

In August I received the standard notification and immediately afterward a late payment notice!  I went back and carefully checked my emails.  Nope!  No email notification received in July.  I'm a techie so I know to check spam filters/folders when trying to track down missing emails.

Since I cannot rely on timely notifications from your e-billing system, I have logged into my account and reverted to paper billing.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: E-billing failed - I'm going back to paper billing

The notifications system on this website just doesn't work.  I'm supposed to get notifications when someone replies to my postings, when bills are in to view, etc.  Never works.  Of course, according to them it's MY browser that's the problem.  Except that last time it was fixed, the tech admitted that it was THEIR problem.  I'm figuring it pretty much still is.  I just make it a point to check for my bill about mid-month and check occasionally for replies to postings. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I ran into a similar situation with Centurylink a few years back.  I stopped getting their email notifications that my monthly bill was ready to view... but I would still get the late payment notices a couple of weeks later.   Their customer service was useless.. just told me to check my spam filters... ignoring the fact I had already told them that is not the problem.

I sometimes wonder if it isn't a ploy to frustrate  customers into signing up for automatic bank withdrawal... something I will never do.

Highlighted
Contributor

If I go back to paper bill, Will they charge me then?

Highlighted
New Poster

I not sure I understand your question.  Are you asking if there is a fee for paper billing versus paperless?  If so, not a fee that I can tell.

Highlighted
Contributor

Here is what I learned;

You are correct, It is not a fee, but it is a 'discount' of $10 by going paperless.

(maybe different in other markets)

Highlighted
New Poster

In my market (St. Paul, MN) there is no discount for e-billing.