Community Forum

Duplicate Payment

Highlighted
New Poster

Duplicate Payment

I'm trying to find anyone who may be able to help. I paid my bill online and then I went back to try to change the date. Long story short, Comcast took the payment out 2 times, a week apart. They got $1300 of our stimulus money! Of course, we didn't owe that much but they did it anyway. We have $0 in our bank account, 4 kids and my husband hasn't worked in a month nor has received a penny in unemployment insurance. Comcast so far won't reverse the second charge. We all know they need that $650 more than we do!! You would think with this going on, they would do the right thing.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Duplicate Payment

@OCBeck wrote:

I'm trying to find anyone who may be able to help. I paid my bill online and then I went back to try to change the date. Long story short, Comcast took the payment out 2 times, a week apart. They got $1300 of our stimulus money! Of course, we didn't owe that much but they did it anyway. We have $0 in our bank account, 4 kids and my husband hasn't worked in a month nor has received a penny in unemployment insurance. Comcast so far won't reverse the second charge. We all know they need that $650 more than we do!! You would think with this going on, they would do the right thing.

Contact your bank.  Depending on how long it's been since you made the payment[s] they may be able to put a stop payment on the transaction.  However, you may have to pay a small fee for doing so, but it wouldn't be $1300.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!