Community Forum

Downgrade Pricing Issues

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Downgrade Pricing Issues

I have talked with 3 people on the billing team online about downgrading to internet only.  each tried to get me to keep the 150Mbps speed and I told them I didn't want that.  They all offered me, after verifying my account with my name and address, the 60 Mbps for $49.95 for a year.  They told me they couldn't downgrade me on their own that the retention team had to do it.  But they told me that would be the price.  So I called this morning to downgrade and was told that price isn't available to me, even though I was told 3 times it was.  She said they were wrong, that they don't have any deals like that.   So I went back on the website to verify it again with the chat agent.  I asked specifically if that $49.95 price was avaiable for me.  He again said yes but that I had to talk with a retention agent to downgrade.     I have saved the conversation and want to have the price honored that was mentioned to me for the 60 Mbps Internet .

Mamta 8:41:40 AM

I have an offer for you. you can opt for a package of $64.99 with 150 Mbps speed and $79.99 with 300 Mbps speed And $89.95 with gigabit speed.

Mamta 8:44:42 AM

i don't need the 150, i think i have that now just because it came with the package i have

CHRIS DARRINGTON 8:45:17 AM

do you have like the 50 or 60 available stilll?

CHRIS DARRINGTON 8:45:29 AM

You can opt for $49.95 with 60 Mbps speed. if you need this package you can call our retention team.

Mamta 8:46:46 AM

ok and how long is that price good for, is that just a temporary one or is that the normal price

CHRIS DARRINGTON 8:47:30 AM

Its a special price for under .12 months contract.

Mamta 8:48:32 AM

ok sounds good but i can get that price for at least the first 12 months

CHRIS DARRINGTON 8:48:52 AM

Yes it will be for first 12 month if you want to opt this package you need to call the retention team.

Mamta 8:50:24 AM

ok i will give them a call to get that package. thanks a lot!

CHRIS DARRINGTON 8:50:42 AM

Official Employee

Re: Downgrade Pricing Issues

Hello, darringtonfam. I can help look for a new promotion for you 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!