Community Forum

Double charged

Regular Visitor

Double charged

I have a somewhat complicated situation that Comcast refuses to fix.

A year ago(September 2016) I was moving to another state and no longer needed my Comcast service. I moved my service to my parents place and they cancelled their current Comcast service which was in my brothers name. It was setup to autopay from their bank account. In November they had the service put on hold , because they were going out the country until February. When they came back the service was up and running again.

Flash forward to June and I'm getting calls from Comcast about an outstanding bill. When I talked to them they said my service had been disconnected a week prior, because I hadn't paid since April. The crazy part is my parents never lost service and that's when we realized their original service (the one in my brothers name) had never been disconnected, so they had been paying double for service until the autopay stopped working.

I have talked to several Comcast reps about this and put in a dispute back in July. I seem to be getting a runaround. Time and again, I've called and explained the whole situation, been told I would receive a call back, but never have. My parents also went to talk someone in person, but English is not their first language and nothing was fixed. I now have a $300 bill in collections, ruining my credit, what do I do?
Official Employee

Re: Double charged

Hello Mike141. I can review both accounts and the cancellation notes to figure out what we can do to help you. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.