Community Forum

Double charged payment

New Poster

Double charged payment

I made a payment arrangement and said "NO" to an auto payment that I would call the payment in on my own.. I called the payment in on the said day of the arrangement using my checking account. Couple days later I looked at my and saw a double charge. One to the checking account and one to my debit card on file. The 2nd charge caused all kinds of over draft charges to my account.. I called comcast and they said there was nothing they can do about it that I agreed to a payment on that day (I agreed to 1 not 2). That I have to call the bank and dispute the payment. This will take weeks if not months to get my money back. I am seriously thinking about filing a class action lawsuit against them cause I have read Iam not the only one they have done this to.
Expert

Re: Double charged payment

@Mattdragon7 wrote:
I made a payment arrangement and said "NO" to an auto payment that I would call the payment in on my own.. I called the payment in on the said day of the arrangement using my checking account. Couple days later I looked at my and saw a double charge. One to the checking account and one to my debit card on file. The 2nd charge caused all kinds of over draft charges to my account.. I called comcast and they said there was nothing they can do about it that I agreed to a payment on that day (I agreed to 1 not 2). That I have to call the bank and dispute the payment. This will take weeks if not months to get my money back. I am seriously thinking about filing a class action lawsuit against them cause I have read Iam not the only one they have done this to.

Whomever you talked with was correct in that you will need to get in touch with your bank and stop payment on one of the payments made*.  Comcast will only apply the second payment to your account.  Stopping payment through your bank would be much faster than waiting on Comcast to go through the channels in order to issue a refund, and then they will only refund the amount made, not any overdraft charges.

*Be mindful that your bank may charge for a stop payment.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Double charged payment

Thanks for the reply.. The payment all ready went threw the bank.. I've talked to them and heading there after work.. It is total bull that comcast does this to their customers.. If the payment was only 20 or 30 dollars I can see people not doing anything about it and just taking the credit on there comcast bill.. unfortunatly my bill was $264 and that caused way to many overdraft charges (which I am fighting to get back) Perfect time of the yr for this garbage to happen..