Community Forum

Double Play costs more than Triple Play?

Regular Visitor

Double Play costs more than Triple Play?

I called to downgrade my acccount from triple to double play as I no longer use my landline phone and also wanted to drop some premium channels and a cable box but the rep priced me at ~$222 a month for double play??  I'd be getting less channels, no phone, less cable boxes and yet the best price they offered is still gonna cost me more?  My bill has already gone up again due to something random called "third year pricing" so I'm paying a ridiculous amount right now and ready to cancel.  Are there any real double play bundle options available to a near 15 year lifetime loyal customer?

Thanks,

Keenan

Contributor

Re: Double Play costs more than Triple Play?

I more or less went down this same road when my HD Preferred Triple play expired after two years, and my rate was due to skyrocket. I wanted to drop the two premium channels and was told, "no can do". I ended up going with the 2-year HD Premier TP and actually saved about $15/mo. It's all in the packaging for Comcast. I suspect these agreements they have with the premium channel providers is at the root of it.

If you have an Xfinity store in your area, and if you haven't done so already, you might want to stop by there and see what they can do for you. Sometimes they can do better than the quotes you get over the phone, or even online. Just a thought...