Community Forum

Do Xfinity phone representatives actually adjust services, or do anything?

New Poster

Do Xfinity phone representatives actually adjust services, or do anything?

I moved away from Comcast-coverage in December and before making the move cancelled my service both online and over the phone (because cancelling online didn't cause any visible changes to my account).  I was assured my account had been cancelled and that I was actually owed a credit which I would receive, I never noticed the refund come through but assumed it would happen at some point.

Late in January, I received an email stating I owed Xfinity 2 months of service.  I called customer service and spoke with an agent who recognized the mistake, claimed she'd cancelled my account, and that I would receive the credit in a few days.  She was great at her job on the phone, but I never received any message from Xfinity and never saw a credit.

Now it's March and I've just received a letter from a collection agency and I honestly wonder if either representative did anything.  Has anyone ever had anything successfully resolved by a Comcast phone agent?  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Do Xfinity phone representatives actually adjust services, or do anything?

Hello vigfuscv, I am sorry that you're having a less than stellar experience with us. I'd be happy to look into this for you and get everything cleared up. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!