Community Forum

Deceptive billing practices

Regular Visitor

Deceptive billing practices

Recently called into customer service to add a channel lineup. I was told by the customer service rep that I could lower my bill by changing to a 3 feature bundle (internet, tv and phone). I asked the agent 3X if anything would change in my account or channels. Agent responded that all would remain the same and I would save $10 a month. I went ahead with change against my better judgement. Come to find out that price given did not include Premier channels (which were included with X1 Premier Double Play). I called customer support after finding none of the premier channels available. I was told they’re a $50 a month add on plus tax. I asked to go back to my previous plan. Was told the plan is now “unavailable”. I am now back to my original services with a $30 a month increase. Completely deceptive practices by Comcast. FCC complaint is next. Long time loyal resident and business customer. FCC fines do not change the deceptive business practices of this company. 

Official Employee

Re: Deceptive billing practices

Evinsign, hello and welcome to the forums. I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here and share your experience. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible with our customers, and I'd love to have the opportunity to turn this around. I definitely understand how this can be concerning, and I'm here to help. To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!