Community Forum

Deals for Existing Customers???

New Poster

Deals for Existing Customers???

I just noticed my bill jumped $50 this month. Does xfinity have ANY deals for existing customers to keep their bills lower and keep their customers' loyalty? Looking at cheaper plans with AT&T/CenturyLink if I can't get a better deal with xfinity...xfinity bill.JPG

Regular Visitor

Re: Deals for Existing Customers???

In my (recent) experience they wont' do much for existing customers. ATT has been pushing fiber in my neighborhood the last few weeks with good promos (better speeds, lower prices) and I've contacted Comcast via chat and phone, asking if they could match one of their own new customer promos. No dice...the only thing they would offer me is to pay more to add their lowest TV bundle (basically local channels and shopping networks I can access fee OTA). They haven't figured out that it's cheaper to keep existing customers than it is to sign on new ones. I've been relatively happy with my service, but also had good luch with fiber in TX. Looks like I'll be going back to fiber if ATT can get an installer out quicklly. Good luck.

New Poster

Hey davidedd,

Thanks for the reply! The cost of cable and internet is just too much for the average person. If I can cut costs moving to a new service, I will definitely do it. I would prefer not to move if I can get something comparable and was wondering if there is any existing customer promotion available. In my account, I am not offered any; on the xfinity web page, though, there are promotions available for new customers for $79.99 for X1 Saver Double Play and more...

Frequent Visitor

I'm wondering the same thing. My bill is rediculous but have just been to busy to deal with being stuck on the phone with someone. If they can get my bill down to a reasonable amount I would stay.... And why are we able to add but not take away channel line ups, ect ect.

New Poster

I have a horrible experience with Xfinity on trying to retain our business. Been with them for 12 years and they don't care. They just keep increasing my service charges.

Contributor

It is unfortunate. If you have another provider you can switch and then go back to Comcast as a new customer in 90 days. I've pretty much given up and am going to switch to Verizon just because the new customer deals are so good. I've already gotten rid of most of my Comcast hardware by using OTA antennas for local channels. If you try to get just internet, Comcast charges a crazy amount whereas Verizon is MUCH more reasonable.  It's too bad comcast doesn't care about losing customers who have paid a lot of money over the years but they don't.

Regular Contributor

Hello everyone,

I apologize for all he frustration with the limitations of our promotions. I can review the promotions for each of your areas with you if you like. Please just private message your account information (account name, phone number, & service address) so we can begin. Thank you

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have run into the same problem. Bill increased nearly $20. I see ads for great deals for new customers regularly, but when calling there are no discounts available unless I step up my service. At that point, even with the discount, I would pay more than I now pay. Apparently new customers are valued more than long term existing customers. I am ready to go with a dish, then MAYBE come back in a couple years as a new customer. I am sure to get a great deal then.
Regular Visitor

Don’t bother with them. Called about a new customer promo I saw for my area and was then threatened with me going on the “customer blacklist” for people searching for new offers when I refused the “best offer”.

Now I get multiple calls daily from them, but they refuse to acknowledge it is them when I call customer service. Told customer service I was willing to do internet only for the new customer promo price and was told they can’t offer me any deal like that. BYE COMCAST Smiley Happy
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

New Poster

Hi all,

I'm in the same boat many of you are. My rate jumped after the first year by $30 despite being told at the outset that my rate was going to last 2 years. It's also ludicrous that in order to get internet service, it was cheaper to bundle TV. Worse than that, I wasn't told it would be SD rather than HD and the channels I get, while they include HBO for some reason, don't warrant having a TV and I've gotten inconsistent speeds, service interruptions (for example, when my neighbors moved in, the tech cut off our service in the rat's nest of comcast wiring at the back of our house), and now surprise rate hikes. @ComcastShane I can't even send you a private message because PM's in this community forum system doesn't work (see screenshot for what it looks like when I click "Send Message" under ComcastShane's profile). Maybe if he they send me a message first, I'll be able to respond?

Anyway, like many of you, I'm ready to give up on Comcast. Customer Retention (now called consumer support? lol) offered me a $116 package. Maybe I can get their attention by reporting the company to the BBB, Consumer Reports, and any community forum where users are comparing their service offering.

Or maybe someone will actually uphold the promises made when I became a Comcast customer. I guess we'll see.

Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 12.06.52.png
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem with not being able to send a private message.

I spent 35 minutes in chat with someone to try to lower my bill. I only have internet, and with modem rental my bill comes out to $85. I was given the option of bundling with TV (which I don't want or need) which would come out to being more expensive after all the fees attached to TV service. Doesn't seem fair considering new customers can get the same internet-only service for $29.99 + $10 for modem rental, while I've been a customer for over 3 years. I was told I would have to call Customer Solutions for any other offers. Waste of 35 minutes.

Edit: the private messaging seems to be working now.

New Poster

I am also in the same boat here as well. Told that the only deal for me was to go from triple play to quad play. As it is I don't want the phone anymore I don't use it much less the home security. I just need to go to double play but CS would not grant me that package to an existing customer only allowed to go up in packages to "upgrade." Totally ridiculous and asked for a customer retention and was told that did not exist and then asked to speak to a manager and was told they could do nothing for me either as this was company policy. Unreal! Sad part is I have no problem with my services but I dread everytime my plan expires (this being the worst one yet) or I have to actually call in to speak to anyone. If I can't figure something out in the next few days I'm going to be leaving for sure.
Official Employee

Hello Ceestar, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.