Community Forum

Data Usage?

New Poster

Data Usage?

Hello,

I have an unlimited internet plan through Xfinity (keyword "unlimited.") I have no phone or cable access. But, I just received a voicemail (through my cellphone) that said I went over my data usage plan for a terabyte a month. This cannot be right because I have an unlimited plan. Also I used to pay $60/month, now they want to charge me $20/month extra for going over my supposed data usage plan. I don't have and never signed up for that. I'm furious. I cannot afford $80/month because I have my bills specifically setup down to a mad science. Also here is proof from Xfinity's website that says that this does not apply to unlimited data plan customers. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-exceed-usage. The specific sentence that says "Note: This information does not apply to customers enrolled in the Flexible Data Option or the Unlimited Data Option." Hence "Unlimited Data Option." What is going on?

Expert

Re: Data Usage?

@gene_brown_742 wrote:

Hello,

I have an unlimited internet plan through Xfinity (keyword "unlimited.") I have no phone or cable access. But, I just received a voicemail (through my cellphone) that said I went over my data usage plan for a terabyte a month. This cannot be right because I have an unlimited plan. Also I used to pay $60/month, now they want to charge me $20/month extra for going over my supposed data usage plan. I don't have and never signed up for that. I'm furious. I cannot afford $80/month because I have my bills specifically setup down to a mad science. Also here is proof from Xfinity's website that says that this does not apply to unlimited data plan customers. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-exceed-usage. The specific sentence that says "Note: This information does not apply to customers enrolled in the Flexible Data Option or the Unlimited Data Option." Hence "Unlimited Data Option." What is going on?

The Unlimited Plan is actually set at 1TB per month based on the fact that 90% of users will not ever reach that amount of data used.  The Unlimited Plan that you referred to actually means that those that pay an extra $50 per month will have no overage fees should they go over the 1TB limit.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No it isn't hence the fact that it says "https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-exceed-usage"

Highlighted
Administrator

@gene_brown_742,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. We sincerely apologize for the confusion about our Internet Data Usage Plan. 

As mentioned by user @Again, Xfinity Internet customers in the following locations have the Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan:

• Alabama
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • New Mexico
  • Western Ohio
  • Oregon
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Southwest Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

The Terabyte Internet Data Usage Plan is suspended in Maine, effective December 1, 2016.

The Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan does not apply to Xfinity Internet customers on our Gigabit Pro tier of service. The plan also does not apply to Business Internet customers, customers on Bulk Internet agreements, and customers with Prepaid Internet.

If you are not in a market with Terabyte Internet Data Usage Plan, you do not have a data plan at this time, although we retain the right to adopt one in the future.

With our Terabyte Internet Data Usage Plan, your Xfinity Internet data usage is unlimited. Your plan includes 1 terabyte (1,024 GB ) per month, with an unlimited number of additional 50 GB blocks of data provided as needed for $10 each (up to $200 per month).

If you enroll in the Unlimited Data Option, you will pay a flat fee of $50 per month regardless of how much data you actually use. That way, you never have to pay individual overage charges.

However, like all other Xfinity Internet customers, your use of the Xfinity Internet service must be consistent with our Acceptable Use Policies for residential services and network management system. To learn more about our policies, see Customer Agreements, Policies & Service Disclosures.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

i had the same issue. and i know i paid for unlimited but now they are saying i dont have unlimited but can pay 50 more for unlimited. I swear i have NEVER went over. suddenly out of nowhere i am over. i dont believe this. this cannot be right. Did they also say you already used your curtosey in NOV 2017 and DEC 2017? i bet they have you the same story they telling everyone. 

New Poster

im sorry , but i think comcast did something. why is everyone going over. why all of a sudden we no longer have unlimited and now have to pay $50/month more for unlimited. This doesnt make sense. i spoke with other customers and its the same story. Why all of a sudden every is getting msgs that they went over, but never got those msgs in the past? why now? it doesnt make sense. 

New Poster

I agree. Never had data usage problems before. Never heard that we had an allotted amount. Seriously $200 a month for them isn’t enough!?