Community Forum

Customer loyalty lied 🤥 to me

Frequent Visitor

Customer loyalty lied 🤥 to me

I contacted customer loyalty said I was leaving for netzero 1000 gigs. They told me they would give it to me basically at same price as I was paying for it already and lower my package to $189. We’ll look at my bills( yes I was behind by one bill reason we needed to find better pricing as my permanent injury has lowered our income) but the bill where the changes were supposed to happen didn’t. Everything was the same. I told the loyalty guy I needed to discuss the offer with my husband who was the main person deciding to switch service. Loyalty rep said he’d call me back at an agreed upon time. He never called. I called back the next day and a different loyalty rep said she saw the notations on my account and she would make the changes. Needless to say no changes were made. I didn’t get a package deal of keeping my phone service, all but I think 2 of my current channels( 2 very insignificant channels) and getting the gig of internet all for 189. I have subtracted late fees, tax and regulatory fees and one time fees and home security (which is also never working) and the bill isn’t right and I only have 250mb of internet not a gig as promised. Now my husband is ready to leave because they lied to us and go to adt and net zero and be a cord cutter. I have been with Comcast for over 20 years as an adult and convinced my parents to stay when I was a teen. They left after I went to college. So I have advocated for staying with xfinity about 31 years and this is how you treat us. If you won’t do something say no. Don’t lie to me or string me along to keep my service. I HATE liars!
Expert

Re: Customer loyalty lied 🤥 to me

@iamcaprice wrote:
I contacted customer loyalty said I was leaving for netzero 1000 gigs. They told me they would give it to me basically at same price as I was paying for it already and lower my package to $189. We’ll look at my bills( yes I was behind by one bill reason we needed to find better pricing as my permanent injury has lowered our income) but the bill where the changes were supposed to happen didn’t. Everything was the same. I told the loyalty guy I needed to discuss the offer with my husband who was the main person deciding to switch service. Loyalty rep said he’d call me back at an agreed upon time. He never called. I called back the next day and a different loyalty rep said she saw the notations on my account and she would make the changes. Needless to say no changes were made. I didn’t get a package deal of keeping my phone service, all but I think 2 of my current channels( 2 very insignificant channels) and getting the gig of internet all for 189. I have subtracted late fees, tax and regulatory fees and one time fees and home security (which is also never working) and the bill isn’t right and I only have 250mb of internet not a gig as promised. Now my husband is ready to leave because they lied to us and go to adt and net zero and be a cord cutter. I have been with Comcast for over 20 years as an adult and convinced my parents to stay when I was a teen. They left after I went to college. So I have advocated for staying with xfinity about 31 years and this is how you treat us. If you won’t do something say no. Don’t lie to me or string me along to keep my service. I HATE liars!

Just an FYI....in order to have 1gig internet you need to have a DOCSIS 3.1 modem, and generally a tech needs to come out to check if you area ble to have 1gig.  Is your modem a 3.1 or a 3.0?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

They scheduled a tech visit. Tech came out and said I was able to get it with the modem I had. He tested while he was there even though he said he could have done it without coming. I still have his card.
Expert

@iamcaprice wrote:
They scheduled a tech visit. Tech came out and said I was able to get it with the modem I had. He tested while he was there even though he said he could have done it without coming. I still have his card.

What modem do you have?

Even if a modem says it will get gig speeds doesn't necessary mean that it is compliant.  Unless your modem is a DOCSIS 3.1 you're not going to see the speeds you're paying for.  If you're currently renting, request a 3.1 compliant modem.  If you own your modem, you can either replace it by buying a new one, or [again] requesting Comcast send you a 3.1 to rent.

Alternately, check your speed wired directly to the modem.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am renting the modem and I don’t know what it is it is one of the newer ones
Frequent Visitor

Cgm4140com is the model it says in my my account ap
Expert

@iamcaprice wrote:
I am renting the modem and I don’t know what it is it is one of the newer ones

It should tell you on the modem.

Frequent Visitor

My modem doesn’t say that anywhere. It says Xfinity on the top and a password and username on the bottom and the model I just typed earlier but even if they give me the correct modem my statement should not say that I have 250 if I have a gig.
Expert

@iamcaprice wrote:
My modem doesn’t say that anywhere. It says Xfinity on the top and a password and username on the bottom and the model I just typed earlier but even if they give me the correct modem my statement should not say that I have 250 if I have a gig.

I totally agree about your speed.  Which is why I'm trying to pin down a fewe things here.

I don't recall you saying....when did you make this change?  Is the date on your billing statement before or after you made the change?

Official Employee Digital Care

Hi @iamcaprice

Thank you for being a loyal customer for over 20 years. I'd like to apologize for the experience you're having. I appreciate you for taking the time out share your experience here on the forums. This isn't what we want for our customers, and I'd like to help make this right. Please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different. To send a Private Message, please click Comcast_Support” and click “send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It is after I made the change. I wouldn’t have expected anything before the change because there would have been no change to look for. 🤔
Official Employee Digital Care

Hi there, iamcaprice. Please send us that private message so we can continue to help you out with this. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.