Community Forum

Customer Service is horrible

New Poster

Customer Service is horrible

The customer service is horrible and the reps would rather lie than to tell the truth.  I contacted them in November to let them know I was moving and to let them know my husband was laid off.  During that time our account was set up to debit our checking account.  Long story short we had to move due to lack of funds.  During this ENTIRE process I kept in contact with Xifinity because I needed internet to work a part time at home job.  On 01/14/2019 I made arrangements to pay a final balance of approximately $340.00 I made the first payment on that date and scheduled the second payment for 01/31/2019.  I was told on the 01/14/2019 that the arrangement could not be set out until the 31st so he set it up for the 24th and instructed me to call and schedule the payment arrangment for the 31st.  During this time he stated the only way to hold that arrangement was to have a card on file, I KNEW my card wasn't any good and told him not to run it, I would call back on the 14th to make a payment with my husbands card.  He stated that was fine and my card wouldn't be charged.  Two days later my service was interrupted again, when I called to ask why I was told by Michael that the payment was returned & for that services were disconnected.  I explained that I informed the previous rep that I would make a payment and he assured me that there would be no attempt to charge the card, it was just there to set up the arrangement.   He reinstated my services after seeing I made a payment prior to the charge attempt, confirmed my previous arrangement (call back on the 24th to make arrangements for the 31st) Before I could even call and make arrangements Xfinity hard cancelled my account.  On 01/25/2019 I called to see what I had to do to restart my service, after speaking with Chris operator #4AM, he stated that because the previous two reps instructed me on what to do to keep my services on, the would honor that, set the payment arrangement up for the 31st on a valid card.  He then stated because the account was hard cancelled he would have to consult with his supervisor for authorization to restart my services.  After waiting online for over 45 minutes he comes back and honors the previous two reps arrangments and he was going to transfer me to activations to have service restored.  After another 30 minutes holding online, Chris comes back and said in order to have services restored I would have to pay the balance due of $165.00 he stated once I paid that my services would be restored.  After FOUR different reps instructed me on what to do to keep my services on I am without service.  I have lost my part time work from home job and now Xifinity is calling me about making a payment of $349.50.  My anger stems from the fact Comcast/Xfinity has a monopoly on all if not most of the 77065 area code so a person doesn't have a choice if they want internet service but to pay high prices and deal with inept customer service reps.  It clearly doesn't bother them because everyone knows they're customer service is horrible.