Community Forum

Customer Service agent lied to me 3 times!

Highlighted
Contributor

Customer Service agent lied to me 3 times!

My sole prop business has taken a huge hit due to the COVID19 lockdown, nearly closed the doors forever.  As a result I had a gap in earnings.  I called Comcast to say that my payment would be 4 days late this month as I just had income resume.  The agent requested my debit card number.  I repeatedly asked "are you scheduling an automated payment?  I do not want an automated payment, I wish to pay through the My Account app as usual. I am simply notifying you of the situation and when I will pay.". THREE TIMES he stated "no, this is for the records, it is not an automatic payment."   Guess what?  AN AUTOMATIC PAYMENT WAS MADE AGAINST THAT CARD.   Thank Godalmighty I didn't trust your agent and put money against that card account yesterday when the check arrived.  This is unacceptable, Comcast.  In this time of government mandated financial uncertainty, the fact that I am sacrificing other things like medical insurance to keep paying you (as are many other small business owners) means that I deserve better than outright lies from your staff.