Community Forum

Customer Owned Equipment credit.

Frequent Visitor

Customer Owned Equipment credit.

I was lookiing at my bill this month and I dont see customer owned equipment credit that I had last month.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Customer Owned Equipment credit.

Comcast has changed policies for some areas and packages so that they no longer include the primary cable box. Check recent bills for a note about this (log in to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/billing). My bill in South Central PA dated July 5th contained the following:

Effective with this bill, the primary TV Box will now be charged separately and will no longer be included in your package. We have reduced the price of your package by the amount of the TV Box to ensure this change doesn't affect your monthly charges for service.

Unfortunately, this note does not mention the Customer Owned Equipment Credit specifically, but the FCC rule that requires the credit says it is owed when 1. the charge for your TV service includes a cable box, and 2. you supply your own cable box. If Comcast changed the TV service terms in your area as they have mine so that the first cable box is no longer included , then the Customer Owned Equipment Credit is no longer due. You should find that your TV service charge has dropped by approximately the amount of the credit.

If you have a strong stomach for government agency legalese the FCC Rule is 47 CFR 76.1205 (b) (5) (ii) ( B ) (2) (see https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/76.1205).

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I guess I might as well bite the dust and pay the 10.00. Good old Comcast! I'd never get it. 

Frequent Visitor

I was lookiing at my bill this month and I dont see customer owned equipment credit that I had last month.

Frequent Visitor

Is there anyway I can get in cntact/private message a comcast offcial employee.

Official Employee

Hello @intimidator2000, thanks for reaching out about this equipment billing concern! I can double check and further look into this on my end for you. Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@intimidator2000, I am delighted I was able to get you repackaged and get the equipment discount concern taken care of! Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns. Thank you and we truly appreciate you being a Comcast customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!