Community Forum

Customer Owned Equipment Credit Help

Regular Visitor

Customer Owned Equipment Credit Help

I live in a Condo Assoc and have Xfinity cable HD service which I pay for through the monthly association maintenance. Each member of the assoc gets 3 boxes. I have a TiVo so I returned 1 box and received a cable card. I received a $2.50 Customer Owned Equipment Credit on my July bill, but not in August. Each of the many support people I've spoken with are amazed to learn it even exists when pointed to www.xfinity.com/equipmentpolicy which states if your plan includes cable boxes and you instead use CableCARDs, you'll get a credit. Even the "full" policy states that, without restriction. None of the support people have had the ability to apply the $2.50 Customer Owned Equipment Credit. I also have Xfinity internet and Xfinity Mobile cell phone service so there's plenty being directly billed to which the $2.50 can be applied. How can I contact someone at Xfinity with the knowledge and authority to apply the credit and make it stick?

Regular Visitor

Re: Customer Owned Equipment Credit Help

Did you get this straightened out?  They have now raised the credit to 5.00 as per their latest billing updated prices December  2019.  I received my Jan. bill, but the updated credit was not applied.  All the broadcast and sports fee increases were applied, of course.  When I called the rep and the supervisor both said that they stopped that credit several years ago.  I directed them to page 5 of my billing notice.  Neither had any explanation.  How can I get this resolved?