Community Forum

Contracted Rate

New Poster

Contracted Rate

Why is it that my bill has gone up when I have a contracted rate, Customer service told me that a email was sent to everyone the the increase would occur. So as long as you send an email it is okay to increase thebill? What if I sent an email saying that I am having a hard time this month so I won't be paying my bill, this would not be allowed. Since my bill is increased I assume this is a breach of contract on Comcast's part and frees me from any penalty is I chose to leave.

Official Employee

Re: Contracted Rate

Hello, kucoo52. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

The contract prices refer to your service plan and do not apply/guarantee the rate of any taxes/fees or additional services. You are welcome to review the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services that customers agree to when signing up for our services. As such, if you decide to disconnect all lines of service with us while still under contract, you will still be responsible for early termination fees.

Please let me know if that helps or if you have further questions/concerns that I can assist you with. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!