Community Forum

Contract ended but was told my bill would not change. Lied.

New Poster

Contract ended but was told my bill would not change. Lied.

My contract was ending in January 2019. I contacted an agent in December wanting to know when it would end and how much my bill would increase. He said, "The plan will auto renew once the contract ended. I checked the future monthly bills and it is still showing that it will still be $39.99 but no more contract." The next time I got my bill, it was $79.95. I contacted comcast again and they told me they would escalate the issue and I would likely get my promised rate and I would be contacted. I was never contacted and my bill remains the same. I've been lied to twice now. The third time I contacted comcast, they offered me a $80+ package and told me they could not help me and to call customer service. I called and again nothing was resolved. I have everything recorded and all the transcripts saved as evidence. This is terrible business practice and I plan to file a complaint to the FCC, BBB and FTC. 

Has anyone had similar problems? How was it dealt with or resolved? 

Official Employee

Re: Contract ended but was told my bill would not change. Lied.

Hello, leeded. I can help look into billing options for you. 

I can also try and pull the call with the agent that said the agreement would auto-renew. Just to be upfront with you, our agreements never auto-renew as we need approval from the customer to put them into an agreement. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!