Community Forum

Contract changes and price increases?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Contract changes and price increases?

I have a two yr. bundle contract, and am just starting my second year.  My monthly rate increased $6.70.  I heard prices increased, however, I was told by a service center that my costs stay the same.  I went to view my service contract and found that they are not present anymore.  My contract signed in 2015 is present, but the 2019-20 contract has been removed from the web page.

Does anyone have a thought on how to proceed?  Can Comcast just cancel my signed contract and increase the prices without notification?      Mick 7

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Contract changes and price increases?

I am also under the two year contracy and I just received the price increase. I am one of the last remaining Comcast customers on my street and I am not a happy customer. I plan to leave Comcast very soon. Like our children, I guess we will just got to a streaming service to avoid the high prices and poor service.

B. Davis

Highlighted
Expert

@mick7 wrote:

I have a two yr. bundle contract, and am just starting my second year.  My monthly rate increased $6.70.  I heard prices increased, however, I was told by a service center that my costs stay the same.  I went to view my service contract and found that they are not present anymore.  My contract signed in 2015 is present, but the 2019-20 contract has been removed from the web page.

Does anyone have a thought on how to proceed?  Can Comcast just cancel my signed contract and increase the prices without notification?      Mick 7

Doubtful anything in your bundle increased, however, fees, taxes and surcharges most likely did.  Always read the notes on your monthly billing statement because they will tell you about any increases in your bill.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the comments......Can anyone tell me why the contract (s) were removed from viewing?

Highlighted
Contributor

Its like this, Comcast has figured ways to raise our rates and it not show on the so called contract that is to be in effect for 2 years. Look at this way, they have Millons of customers and if they raise something $10 per?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My bill went up this month also. Taxes and fees went form $6.00 to over $13.00. I called customer support total waste of time, she explained to me that she could see my future bills, and this is what I have to pay, but she was unable to explain to me why the taxes and fees doubled. 
As I have in the past with problems with Comcast's billing I contacted the Better Business Bureua and the Federal Trade Commision to see if they can help me as they have in the past.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Have to pay very close attention to bills. I agree with you totally.

Highlighted
New Poster

To Comcast, the contract they and you signed and agreed on is fluid and can be changed at any time - by them. It is a dishonorable company. They do not honor their word. They either remove channels by changing the line-up or increase prices after you have made a deal, their deal, and agrred to pay a certain price for certain channels. What other company does that after you have agreed on terms and signed a contract? They are garbage as far as I am concerned. Pure trash.