Community Forum

Concerned about Fraudulent Account - Account went to DCI Collections - Contacted the Security Team

Regular Visitor

Concerned about Fraudulent Account - Account went to DCI Collections - Contacted the Security Team

Hello,

I am concerned about a potentially fraudulent account under my identity. A collections claim was recently opened on my report and I have been unable to confirm the account associated with it.

I recently contacted the Security Team at 844-335-8719 and received a case number. I am going to fill out the affidavit regarding the potential fraud.

In the meantime, is there anyway to confirm that the potential fradulent account isn't just some charge from one of my previous accounts that went unnoticed?

Furthermore, is there anyway to reference the Ticket number I received from that phone call to make sure I did not share some PII information to a scam? I double checked the number posted here: https://www.xfinity.com/idtheftclaimform but some peace of mind would be very helpful.

Thank you

Edit: Changed Subject to Fix Typo and added a word for clarity

Official Employee

Re: Concerned about Fraudent Account - Account went to DCI Collections - Contacted the Security Team

Hello BL12345. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can assist with reviewing your collection account and research the CSA case number. Please know that CSA cases are only worked by the CSA Fraud team. I can validate your case. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Concerned about Fraudulent Account - Account went to DCI Collections - Contacted the Security...

Hello BL12345. Thanks for private messaging me and allowing us to discuss your situation. This thread has been locked. If you need further assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!