Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Comcast again raises my rate without warning!

Frequent Visitor

Comcast again raises my rate without warning!

My bill was increased by $22 from last month without any warning/notice. My credit card was automatically charged the price difference.  I would like my rate to be reduced to the previous rate, or I am going to start looking for other internet/cable providers.  $2,000 a year seems plenty for cable/internet at this time.  Especially as a loyal customer of Comcast's for many years.

Expert

Re: Comcast again raises my rate without warning!

@Doublek1229 wrote:

My bill was increased by $22 from last month without any warning/notice. My credit card was automatically charged the price difference.  I would like my rate to be reduced to the previous rate, or I am going to start looking for other internet/cable providers.  $2,000 a year seems plenty for cable/internet at this time.  Especially as a loyal customer of Comcast's for many years.

Was there no notice on your bill?  It sounds as though a promotion you were on dropped off.  Where does the increase come in your bill?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast again raises my rate without warning!

Sudden increases in fees are usually at the end of a promotional/ discount period. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price. We offer customers an introductory discounted rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist with a review of lower-priced offers that may be available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, and account number or phone number so I can assist you.