Community Forum

Comcast Voice only and using own modem

New Poster

Comcast Voice only and using own modem

I called in advance and was told I could purchase a replacement for a Comacst Voice modem, and the charge for rental would be removed.  I did so, and returned equipment and Comcast continues to charge.  Has anyone else had this happen? 

I have already moved one internet service off Comcast, and am tempted to do so for another, and switch carriers for phone service as well.  Customer support was rather rde and unhelpful.  Can anyone help?

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Voice only and using own modem

What model did you buy?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Voice only and using own modem

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!