Community Forum

Comcast TV and Internet bill jumped again!

Frequent Visitor

Comcast TV and Internet bill jumped again!

I am hoping a Comcast representative will help me here.  The online chat agents are a waste of time.  All they do is redirect you to the 800 numbers which historically have been painful to deal with.

I am now up to $165 for TV and internet for two outlets and DVR.  That's absurd.  I can switch to an internet only plan from either Comcast or Verizon and then add a streaming service from someone like Hulu, YouTubeTV, FuboTV, Directv Now and be under $100 for all of the services that I need.  Make me a great deal and I'll stay on X1.

Contributor

Re: Comcast TV and Internet bill jumped again!

My theory is Xfinity Mobile is the best phone deal around. They get around those in the middle of two year agreements by increasing the price of equipment and fees.

Those that have cell phone contracts are struck with them no matter what xfinity charges.

Xfinity is treating long time customers terrible.

Official Employee

aroth3132, truly appreciate you taking the time to post on the forums about your billing concerns. I know that bill increases are not a great experience so I'll work with you to let you know what we can do to lower your rate! I got your private message so I'll follow up with you there about options for your account! 

Terry0327, I'd love an opportunity to change your perception! If there is anything I can assist you with, please drop me a line anytime. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Terry0327, I'd love an opportunity to change your perception! If there is anything I can assist you with, please drop me a line anytime. 

Ken

Ken, the reason I stated what I did is because my bill went up $61 in the 12th month of a 24 month agreement. I found my email that stated all the services that were increased were for a 24 month term. After 2 other reps could not find the email summary a nice rep named Jeff said it was right there in my history dated July 21, 2018. Jeff said they would make corrections about 2 days ago but so far I have not seen anything. I hope it is all cleared up shortly.

Official Employee

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Ken

Ken, the reason I stated what I did is because my bill went up $61 in the 12th month of a 24 month agreement. I found my email that stated all the services that were increased were for a 24 month term. After 2 other reps could not find the email summary a nice rep named Jeff said it was right there in my history dated July 21, 2018. Jeff said they would make corrections about 2 days ago but so far I have not seen anything. I hope it is all cleared up shortly.

Terry0327, appreciate those details and getting me caught up. I'd be more than happy to look into this further. I'm sorry to hear about this mix-up but I'm glad you were able to get some initial assistance. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can assist. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:
@ComcastKenF wrote:

Ken

Terry0327, appreciate those details and getting me caught up. I'd be more than happy to look into this further. I'm sorry to hear about this mix-up but I'm glad you were able to get some initial assistance. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can assist. 

PM sent today. Thanks for looking into this.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Terry0327-- Got it, thanks! I've responded.