Community Forum

Comcast Covid Billing Scam

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Covid Billing Scam

I have been trying to get hold of any Comcast employee from Billing for over a week. They claim there is a high volume of calls due to Covid crisis and wait times are longer than expected. After reading most of the posts here, it is clear that no one is working. To make matters worse they are using this time, to take advangtage of customers by suddenly increasing their bills out of nowhere, knowing that we are not even able to contest it. I have yet to read a single comment about a Comcast billing error in favor of the customer. Makes you wonder why 100% of the billing errors are always in Comcast's favor. This appears to be fraudulent business practices. If Comcast knows that they do not have the adequate staff to support all these issues, they need to suspend all payment due dates until they are able to properly and accurately handle customer bills.  Now is not the time to be toying with peoples lives, especially when we depend on the Internet now more than ever.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Comcast Covid Billing Scam

@yakooz13 wrote:

I have been trying to get hold of any Comcast employee from Billing for over a week. They claim there is a high volume of calls due to Covid crisis and wait times are longer than expected. After reading most of the posts here, it is clear that no one is working. To make matters worse they are using this time, to take advangtage of customers by suddenly increasing their bills out of nowhere, knowing that we are not even able to contest it. I have yet to read a single comment about a Comcast billing error in favor of the customer. Makes you wonder why 100% of the billing errors are always in Comcast's favor. This appears to be fraudulent business practices. If Comcast knows that they do not have the adequate staff to support all these issues, they need to suspend all payment due dates until they are able to properly and accurately handle customer bills.  Now is not the time to be toying with peoples lives, especially when we depend on the Internet now more than ever.

Increases in your bill are usually noted in previous bills under the notes section.  Do you read your billing statements beyond the amount due and due date?

FWIW, Comcast employees are not immune to Covid-19.  Many are having to stay home, too, and not all employees  have the capability of working from home, so staff is vastly cut from what is normal.  This is why many contact resounces are either shut down or working at a minimum.  Patience, understanding, and compassion go far here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

<Edited> I read my statements extremely carefully, which is how I noted the error in the first place, which again is why I need to speak to someone directly from Comcast regarding the matter.  <Edited>

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why was this post removed? I'd also like an answer to it. My bill went up this month and I am unable to get someone from Comcast to discuss it with me in writing (chat, email, etc) as I have a condition that prevents me from being able to discuss it verbally.  Very disappointed in Comcast. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I would like an answer as well to thread I started a few days ago. Yakooz, if you get an answer please let us know! Thanks for continuing to try and find someone to respond to you on this issue. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Yep, I got the same problem, bill went up with no explanation and can’t get anyone on the phone to explain it. Looks like they are just snatching money from people in the hopes that maybe only half notice and dispute it. Seems pretty shady to me.