Community Forum

Comcast Bill Drop-off Boxes and Late Payments

Problem Solver

Comcast Bill Drop-off Boxes and Late Payments

My current payment has NOT been processed because I used one of those third-party bill drop-off boxes located at my local supermarket, and apparently it hasn't been emptied.  I placed my payment in that box well before the due date.

Expert

Re: Comcast Bill Drop-off Boxes and Late Payments

@Tcalg wrote:

My current payment has NOT been processed because I used one of those third-party bill drop-off boxes located at my local supermarket, and apparently it hasn't been emptied.  I placed my payment in that box well before the due date.

You brought this up last Summer.  What was the response back then?

Personally I would never use one of those just for the reason you're experiencing now.  When I was writing checks for bills, I almost always took them to the post office.  The only time I ever used a supermarket was if they actually were able to process the payment right then.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

In the case last summer, the payment was eventually processed a few days after I complained.  I have continued to use the same box since then, and all those payments were processed on time until now. 

We've had terrible weather in this area in the last month or two, so it is understandable if they weren't able to make timely pickups.  I just want to make sure Comcast isn't neglecting those boxes.

When I posted last summer, I had asked an additional questions, but I never got a good answer... specifically, I wanted to know if Comcast employees empty those boxes, or if a third-party company empties them and delivers the contents to Comcast.

Expert

@Tcalg wrote:

In the case last summer, the payment was eventually processed a few days after I complained.  I have continued to use the same box since then, and all those payments were processed on time until now. 

We've had terrible weather in this area in the last month or two, so it is understandable if they weren't able to make timely pickups.  I just want to make sure Comcast isn't neglecting those boxes.

When I posted last summer, I had asked an additional questions, but I never got a good answer... specifically, I wanted to know if Comcast employees empty those boxes, or if a third-party company empties them and delivers the contents to Comcast.

Is the drop off box specifically for Comcast, or is it a collection box for other utilities as well?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

It's a small cabinet with two induvidual mail slots / mailboxes.  Comcast is the only one currently using the cabinet; the other slot is unoccupied.

Expert

@Tcalg wrote:

It's a small cabinet with two induvidual mail slots / mailboxes.  Comcast is the only one currently using the cabinet; the other slot is unoccupied.

I would check with the manager of the store to see if he/she knows how often the box is checked and emptied.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I've never heard of these or noticed them at my local stores - could be I'm not paying enough attention.

So I did an internet search and the first hit was for an earlier thread by you. Then there are a couple of false matches about dropping off cable boxes, and then another thread on this topic started by you.

So I'm guessing this is not common and might only be an arrangement between your local store and the local Comcast office.

Problem Solver

They're common enough that I've seen them and used them in two completely different cities, 100 miles apart, and for two different cable companies, Charter and Comcast.   In that other town, it was a small town with one grocery store, and a drop-off box for cable TV, telephone, and gas.  At my current location, the box I've been describing was also used by my city to collect water bills, but they discontinued that a couple years ago.

The box are manufactured / rented out / sold by a company called American Security Cabinets.  You can see a few examples here:

http://paymentdrops.com/cabinet-style/

Problem Solver

I talked to the people at the supermarket.  They said they have nothing to do with the box, but they have seen people using them, and ocassionally seen someone emptying the box.  They didn't know how frequently.  She said she thought it was the mail man, but that seems unlikely given that this is not U.S. mail.

Problem Solver

I received payment notification last night.  I'd still like to know how often these boxes are checked, and who's doing it.

Expert

@Tcalg wrote:

I received payment notification last night.  I'd still like to know how often these boxes are checked, and who's doing it.

I don't know that anyone here can answer that for you since this appears to be a local thing.  You might want to either ask at the Post Office or at your local Comcast store.

Official Employee

Tcalg, I'm glad to hear that the payment did post to the account. I do not know how often the boxes are checked, but the payments usually post within 48 business hours. They are most likely checked daily. If you run into any other issues, please let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.