Community Forum

Collections department?

Frequent Visitor

Collections department?

Does Comcast still have a collections dept? I called yesterday to set up a payment arrangement on my account (Ive been out of work), and the 1-800-393-7773 number no longer works. When I called 1-800-Comcast, they said they no longer have one and will no longer grant exstentions. This seems hard to believe since Comcast is a huge company that they would no longer have a collections dept. Anyone know? Is there a new collections phone number?

Most Valued Poster

Re: Collections department?

savs165,

I have sent you a private message to further assist you. You can click on my name ComcastDevion and click on "Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. 

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I also need to reach the collections department
Frequent Visitor

I dont work for Comcast, but when I spoke to the collections dept, the billing dept said they are handling collections now. They were still able to grant me an extenstion so Im sure they could help.

New Poster

I need the email for the collections dept so I can send them my lease and other items they requested last week since I misplaced it.
Problem Solver

Hello julianah3,

There is no email for the Collections department that we can provide, however, you can bring these materials to your nearest Comcast office. You can find the nearest local office to your here: https://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations . If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply directly to this email.

New Poster

Ok thank you, that's strange cause the lady I originally talked to had given me an email and a fax number. I plan on bringing the items in as we have now moved in
Problem Solver

You are welcome. This information may have been a specific agent's email and extension. We would still not have access to this information, however. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach back out to me.

New Poster

I be try to get in touch with that department unfortunately no luck at all, since last week was 2 time at the office/store has to wait longer 3 person attending the customer to then the person who attended me dnt know what was doing I explain bring my document as was deploy and say cnt proof that,Excuse me but if saw my airplane tickets that I was not in the home charge me for service dnt used say that was chatting with someone
And was denied that I have to chat with some department to restore the services. I did they give me the number, call 2 time let me in hold for more 1 hour,went back at the office the same lady say nothing can't do. Wait for Monday. Then receive a call from the survey and if you are not satisfied with the service they just hang up dnt want listen our opinions. Try to contact today and the machine say need to pay to restore the service dnt let you go forward to speak with the collection department.
I want to know who it in charge of that,where to resolve my situation????
Problem Solver

Hello Ruiz13,

I apologize for any misunderstanding. I will be more than happy to help, but first I need to ask a few clarification questions. Are you saying you were deployed with the military? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have been trying to get the collections/finance department at Comcast to update my old account that is now being reported to a collection agency. I paid off my old account (three year old account) in May 2016 and received a receipt with date and old account number. I couldn't receive service until the balance was paid on this account. This paid off balance was reported to a collection agency and place on my credit reports. I sent the collection agency a copy of my receipt and they told me that Comcast still says I have a balance on that old account...even with my receipt!!! I have been back and forth on the phone and visits to the Xfinity store trying to get Comcast to correct their mistake. Every time I talk to an agent or a manager they say they SEE the problem and SEE that I paided, but will not update my records showing that I paid this old account balance in full. Who can I talk to to get this issue resolved? Apparently the receipt I got from Comcast is not sufficient evidence that I paid my balance. I am not going to paid for something that was paid off about six months ago. I have been trying to get this resolved for two months. All I need is my records updated and printed documentation other than my receipt showing that my account balance is paid in full. Please inform me of the steps I need to take to get this resolved?

Frustrated and very dissapointed customer
Son
Official Employee

Hi Son, I apologize for this experience.  I will submit a ticket to the proper team to have this researched, and I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

New Poster

Replied to your private message with details
Official Employee

Thank you SONSTAR18, I have responded to your private message.

New Poster

Can someone help me out? Comcast collections is a nightmare. I am trying to talk to someone about a collection settled and paid off.

Official Employee

Hi the_chronic1,  I apologize for your experiences, I will  send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

New Poster

I'm trying to reach someone by phone in reference to an old bill
Official Employee

Hi Brookviewway, if you still need assistance please let me know or if you want to speak privately please respond to my private message.

Thank you

Expert
Moved:

Comcast employees are not allowed to post here. Check with your office regarding your services.

Frequent Visitor

Im not a Comcast employee, but I would suggest contacting thier corporate number. I called them today and they fixed my issue right away.

New Poster

I have called Billing Department and they can't help me and say I need to talk to collections for my issue, but yet they cannot transfer me or even get in touch with that department.  Please help me get in touch with the collections department.  THis is just ridiculous.

New Poster

what is the corporate # that was able to help you.

Regular Contributor

Hello lackofservice7,

I am sorry to hear about your issues with billing. I would like to help you get this resolved, would you please send a private message with your account name and service address so I can confirm the correct number? Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Let me state I have been a dedicated Comcast customer since 2010, that being said I have had nothing but issues with my internet and cable since installation of the line dropped from my power pole to the box on my house, for the past two months I have had my internet and cable I drop out completely from 8:30pm to 8:30 am the next morning, I have had 5 technicians come out and try to fix the problem which they would temporarily fix it but then after 2 days at most it will go back to doing the same thing, when the 5 th technician (field supervisor) came out he found the problem with in 15 mins stating they had installed the wrong drop line(the buried line) in 2010 and that’s why I have had problems throughout the years, I have placed probably well 300 to 400 calls about my internet dropping out , I have had well over 30 to 40 technicians come out to my house and they never fully resolved the problem they were only temporary fixes , yet I’m expected to keep paying full price, I have never had an adjustment, what can I do for compensation?
Regular Contributor

Hello Ssutphin711,

I understand how frustrating it can be to have to endure extra issues while waiting for a correct solution. I would like to go over your account to see what all can be done for you. Would you please send a private message with your account name, phone number, and service address so I can investigate for you?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon