Community Forum

Claims my modem is now owned by Comcast

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Claims my modem is now owned by Comcast

I purchased my modem in 2016 from amazon when I first started using Comcast as my provider all was well for about a year .Then 1 month I received a charge for a modem rental,I called and had it removed. Now 2 months ago I get a letter stating that I have not been charged for modem rental and they will not back charge me but will now be charged for my modem...After hours on the phone and 2 visits to Comcast office I am being told that the modem I purchased was probably stolen and is their equipment... Need help with this issue..    

Thanks Mvdispas65

Official Employee

Re: Claims my modem is now owned by Comcast

Mvdispas65, thanks for posting about your modem billing issue. I'll take a look and follow up in the private message you sent. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Claims my modem is now owned by Comcast

Mvdispas65, our equipment team was able to confirm the modem is yours and the corrections to our billing system have been made. Please post again if you need further assistance. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!