Community Forum

Chat isn't working. Need support on billing question.

New Poster

Chat isn't working. Need support on billing question.

Hello, 

I was trying to start a chat with an agent to ask this question, but I'm not able to get the chat working. It says that I need to put a valid phone number in the field, but there is no field for a phone number. 

I was hoping to ask an agent a question about my account / billing. Please assist. 

Thanks!
-Greg

Expert

Re: Chat isn't working. Need support on billing question.

@gregpinto1211 wrote:

Hello, 

I was trying to start a chat with an agent to ask this question, but I'm not able to get the chat working. It says that I need to put a valid phone number in the field, but there is no field for a phone number. 

I was hoping to ask an agent a question about my account / billing. Please assist. 

Thanks!
-Greg

You can ask your question here, leaving out any personal identifying information.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi gregpinto1211, I am more than happy to assist you with any questions or concerns that you have regarding your bill. Please post your questions here without including any personal information and we can get your question addressed. 

Regular Visitor

I had the exact same issue this morning-- I was repeatedly prompted for a valid phone #.

I was finally able to start a chat only after logging out, then continuing as "guest". I

t's weird because I've never had any issues chatting with them in the past-- but now all of the sudden I'm prompted for a valid phone # (which, by the way, is my valid phone #)...  

New Poster

A hat with agent won't work ask for valid phone number but no place to put that in how can I chat with a agent

Regular Visitor

This is what I did to circumvent the glitch & be able to chat with an agent:

1) Log OUT of your account if you're not already.
2) Proceed as "Guest", then click "Start Chat".
3) Once you're connected with an agent, explain that you're not actually a "Guest", but that you have an account.

Worked for me, hope it does for you! Good luck!

New Poster

I've been having the same problem except it's asking me for an account number and no place to enter it. 

Official Employee

Hello all, If you continue to have issues with your chat feature please reach back out to me here or you can also send me a private message with more details including your full name, street address, and account number. To send me a private message, click on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".