Community Forum

Charged for my own modem

New Poster

Charged for my own modem

In 2012 I started using internet from Comcast. At that time I worked at Best Buy and got discounts on electronics, so logically I bought a modem and a router for my service. When the tech arrived to install my internet he used my modem and router in the installation. Now 6 years later it turns out I’ve been getting charged 11 dollars a month for my own modem. The modem’s mac ID number is the same so Comcast claims it’s their modem. Did their technician register my modem as their own? How do I prove the modem is mine when the Mac ID matches their record and they claim it’s rented. It makes no sense to pay over 600 dollars for a modem when one costs ~80 bucks. Please help
Thank you,
Nikolay
Official Employee

Re: Charged for my own modem

Hi there. I can look into your modem. Can you please private message me your full name? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!