Community Forum

Charged for Blast Account without my permission or notification

Regular Visitor

Charged for Blast Account without my permission or notification

I live in a 55+ community where we get cable and high-speed internet for free.  I don't go out to Comcast website often, but I did recently because my internet has been slow. I find to my surprise I have been getting billed monthly for a Blast high-speed internet account that I never signed up for.  I chat online and am directed to billing.  After a long time on the phone, they remove the Blast account but can't tell me why or how I was signed up.  This is fraudulent behavior!  The kicker is billing would not refund the money I paid for Blast, because they say the service was provided to my benefit.  I am trying to get someone at Comcast to step up here and do the right thing because I am not going to let go if this.

Official Employee

Re: Charged for Blast Account without my permission or notification

Hello Boris_Badenoff, thank you for creating a post on our forum. I am more than happy to get your billing concerns addressed, to better assist you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have replied back via message to your message.  I feel very strongly that this Blast signup was fraudulent and wait for your reply on whether I need to move on and file a complaint with the BBB.

New Poster

they doing me the same way and i make payments every month and they cut mine off and wont turn it back on till i pay 3 hundred and some odd dollars screw xfinity
Official Employee

Boris_Badenoff wrote: I have replied back via message to your message.  I feel very strongly that this Blast signup was fraudulent and wait for your reply on whether I need to move on and file a complaint with the BBB.

I replied to your PM, you can reach back out to me there for further assistance. A general note all changes to the account has to be approved via email or text message by the account holder or an authorized user on the account. So no changes can be made without your permission. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!