Community Forum

Charged an etf illegally when moving to new address with Comcast service

New Poster

Charged an etf illegally when moving to new address with Comcast service

I was charged an etf when I moved and transferred service with Comcast. The moving experience has been horrible. They basically messed it up in the computer and canceled my old address and the charged me $190 etf with no reason. They also pulled a hard credit pull whenall I was doing was transferring service to a different address. When you call to complain you can never understand the call centers in India. Please get customer service people that actually understand what is happening in the United States. So basically I had to call my bank and stop payment because Comcast illegally charged me $190 for an etf even though I still have the same service at another address. FRAUD Comcast. Shame on YOU!!!
Official Employee

Re: Charged an etf illegally when moving to new address with Comcast service

Hi Jkrane,

We remain committed to hiring customer service employees across the United States but will pass along your feedback. As for your account and billing concerns, I can help get this resolved for you. I'd also like to clarify that any time you transfer your services, your old account will get disconnected and a new account will be started. It appears as if the billing system did not identify this move as a transfer and this is why you were incorrectly billed for the ETF's, but as mentioned in our services agreements, as long as you transfer the services you should not be charged ETF's. This is not something that you should be held responsible for.

Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.