Community Forum

Charged a service call charge for service problem

New Poster

Charged a service call charge for service problem

I don't understand why I'm getting a service charge when I had a problem with the speed of the internet by Comcast. If there is a problem with the service, which one pays for, isn't the company's obligation to provide the service and/or fix the problem? I am paying for a service that was not working right, why am I being charged $60 for this? I could not speak w customer service due to office being closed. Will call tomw? Hoping Comcast customer service reads this because this is completely unfair, and warrants why people have mixed emotions about cable. I was a cord cutter for 3 yrs, and decided to give it a chance again due to the hikes in internet charges. I hope others can advise on similar situation.
Expert

Re: Charged a service call charge for service problem

If the issue was related to equipment you lease or Comcast equipment outside your home, then there would not be a fee. If the issue was related to customer-owned equipment or wiring in your home, then there would be a fee.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello @cardenasfamily4. I can help review the technician visit fee you were billed for. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

New Poster

I am in complete agreement! In days gone by, any company providing a service for a fee would work very hard to make that service work for the customer. If the service was not provided or did not work as agreed to (for payment) then the company would AND SHOULD repair the service to maintain that customer and hope that customer would tell all their friends about the great company he/she had found to do business with! 

In this instance the customer is basically given two choices: 1. Pay a service charge to get the service repaired ... or 2. Find alternative sources of thet service and quit doing business with the company!

Are you listening COMCAST  XFINITY?