Community Forum

Changing Plan for Existing Customer - Better to Cancel

dthomascheer
Regular Visitor

Changing Plan for Existing Customer - Better to Cancel

I tried to contact Customer Service to assist me with upgrading my current plan.  First, I have been a loyal customer for four years.  Every price quoted to me was at least $40 more than the price on the website.  That's because the website price is misleading and the cheaper options are only for NEW customers.  That's right - apparently Xfinity does not understand the old adage that it's cheaper to retain customers than attract new ones but as a businesswoman, I can tell you that the adage is true.  I spoke to 6 different people tonight for over 90 minutes and all I was told was that they understand the pricing for existing customers is not correct and they understood if I terminated my contract.  This is how they are treating loyal customers - telling them to quit their contracts because they refused to distribute promotions to those of us that have stuck with the company through thick and thin.  I guess I should take their advice, cancel my contract, and move my business to a company that actually cares about their existing customers.  I will be sure to inform everyone I know about the horrible experience I just received with Xfinity and have them take their business elsewhere as well.  Additionally, I would like to be contacted about this experience.

ComcastThomasF
Official Employee

Re: Changing Plan for Existing Customer - Better to Cancel

Hello and thank you! I really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastThomasF" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!