Community Forum

Change of account ownership

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Change of account ownership

My housemate is moving away and I would like to transfer the Xfinity account ownership. The service is currently associated with his account and I would like to put it onto my account. The Comcast stores in our area are currently closed due to Covid-19. According to this link from the Xfinity website I need to make this forum post requesting the change in ownership so that I can be provided with a method for submitting the notarized Account Change Request form electronically instead of going into the store. Please let me know how to submit this form and whatever other supporting documentation may be needed.

Thanks!

@ComcastJessie 

@ComcastTeds 

@ComcastJoeTru 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Change of account ownership

@dj206 wrote:

My housemate is moving away and I would like to transfer the Xfinity account ownership. The service is currently associated with his account and I would like to put it onto my account. The Comcast stores in our area are currently closed due to Covid-19. According to this link from the Xfinity website I need to make this forum post requesting the change in ownership so that I can be provided with a method for submitting the notarized Account Change Request form electronically instead of going into the store. Please let me know how to submit this form and whatever other supporting documentation may be needed.

Thanks!

You probably would be better off just having them close that account and pay the final bill and any ETF charges [if applicable] and start a new one for yourself so that you can get a new customer deal.  😉

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The current contract runs through December and he told me they were going to charge a fee for early termination if he cancelled the account.

Highlighted
Expert

@dj206 wrote:

The current contract runs through December and he told me they were going to charge a fee for early termination if he cancelled the account.

That's why I mentioned the ETF fees, which are $10 per remaining months on the contract.  Maybe offer to split that cost with him?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@dj206  You can submit-upload the completed form at the page below. 

Link here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/account-management/bereavement/document-upload

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I submitted the form over a week ago and have not heard anything back either postive or negative. How long does the review process generally take?

Highlighted
Official Employee

@dj206  Apologies, I am checking on this now. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@dj206 Apologies, can you send me a PM (Private Message) with the details and/or the form you submitted and I will get that to the right place quickly. Thanks. 

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and go to the upper right link that says ”Send Me a Message” 

Near the top/middle of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.