Community Forum

Change in services not verified after phone call and email

Highlighted
New Poster

Change in services not verified after phone call and email

After xfinity internet contract expired in October 2019, my bill went up from about $55 a month to $82 a month.  I can not afford this change, but can not sign a new one year contract, as I am in the process of trying to move.  I called customer service on March 2,2020 and spoke to a rep.  I explained my situation.  She explained my options to me.  She told me that I could downgrade from 200 mbps with streaming channels down to 100mbps without channels and my bill, with paperless billing enacted, would only be $45 a month.  She sent me a link via email and I was told I had to click that link within 15 minutes for it to be active.  I was told that would confirm my order of the 100mbps internet and that would lower my bill without a 12 month contract.  I clicked the link and received a message saying "Your order has been placed".  However, nothing on my account has changed.  I chatted for over an hour with customer service on the xfinity website and they are completely denying the March 2nd conversation every took place.  I was told that there are no notes on my account from that phone call and I can not lower my services or my bill.  I literally can log in to my xfinity app and even it says I "contacted customer service on March 2nd".  Can someone please verify my March 2nd customer service call and tell me how to lower my services for a better price.  I am furloughed from work right now, so it is even more important that I lower my service for a more reasonable price