Community Forum

Cancelling my internet

New Poster

Cancelling my internet

I moved out of my previous apartment and cancelled my internet service there with the online customer service. I received both an email confirming the cancellation and a confirmation from the customer service employee, but a few days ago a new internet bill was posted to my account. What is going on?

6820392C-1B92-4C73-AEE3-A22827104F3C.png

Expert

Re: Cancelling my internet

@UserXX wrote:

I moved out of my previous apartment and cancelled my internet service there with the online customer service. I received both an email confirming the cancellation and a confirmation from the customer service employee, but a few days ago a new internet bill was posted to my account. What is going on?

Is the date on the bill somewhere in a few days either side of the date you called and canceled your service?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes. I cancelled my service on Sep. 12 and got an email about the bill on Sep. 20 asking me to pay for the internet for a new month (Sep. 24-Oct.23). 

Expert

@UserXX wrote:

Yes. I cancelled my service on Sep. 12 and got an email about the bill on Sep. 20 asking me to pay for the internet for a new month (Sep. 24-Oct.23). 

What is the date on the statement itself?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I just checked my account again and the bill was gone. Looks like it just took them really long to process the cancellation. Thanks for your replies.

Official Employee

Hi UserXX, thank you for reaching out here and for your updates.   Please don't hesitate to reach back out here if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.