Community Forum

Cancelled all TV service... Still being charged for "broadcast TV" and "regional sports" fee

New Poster

Cancelled all TV service... Still being charged for "broadcast TV" and "regional sports" fee

I went against my better judgement and kept comcast internet after cancelling TV (after our bill ballooned to 180+/month) only to find they left these two recurring charges on my account: 

Regional Sports Fee

$5.00

Broadcast TV Fee

$7.00

The devil is in the details. I was told my bill would be approximately 74 dollars a month and that all TV would be cancelled, but my bill continues to include the two aforementioned charges and totals $94/month for the "internet only" I agreed upon. Instead of what I agreed upon with my agent, I'm continuing to pay comcast $12 a month to rebroadcast signals from free OTA antennas to the TVs I don't have. 

Bad business practices won't change. Had I known these charges would remain, or that my bill would remain $94/month for internet only, I'd already be a UVerse customer. 

Official Employee

Re: Cancelled all TV service... Still being charged for "broadcast TV" and "regional sports" fee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

Re: Cancelled all TV service... Still being charged for "broadcast TV" and "regional

I assume the broadcast tv and r3gional sports fee charge was a mistake and you were credited for these charges. Correct ?