Community Forum

Cancellation fee after receiving incorrect service

New Poster

Cancellation fee after receiving incorrect service

I renewed my account with comcast in November of last year - specifically telling them there is just a few channels I watch in on demand and spending a couple of hours on this.  After about a month,  those same channels stopped working in SD and were only available in HD. I called thinking it was some sort of tech issue. I spent hours on the phone with various people to be told at the end that I needed to buy a different package for HD.  Even though those channels were listed on the channels I would get, somehow they stopped working in SD and to get them I needed to buy HD. I tried to work with them and find middle ground as I refused to pay more with really only watching a couple of channels. No one cared, manager was extremely rude and condesending rather than being professional. He wasn't even listening. Why would I pay for a channel I can not watch.   Now they are threatning to take me to colleciton for a cancellation fee. After spending 10 yrs as a customer and spending thousands of dollars with this company.  What a way to treat your customer.