Community Forum

Canceled service, Still receiving a new bill. Please help!

Regular Visitor

Canceled service, Still receiving a new bill. Please help!

Hi, on 06/13/2019 I called Comcast Support to disconnect my residential Xfinity internet service effective immediately and to replace it with a Comcast Business internet service which I now have.

My residential internet service was disconnected immediately on that day and right after that I also received a cancellation confirmation email from Xfinity Comcast (Last day of service:  June 13, 2019).

Why is there a new bill for the residential internet service ($71.29 due date: 07/16/2019) in my  Xfinity account?

I'm supposed to be getting money back because Xfinity Comcast charged me in advance.

Expert

Re: Canceled service, Still receiving a new bill. Please help!

@usertt wrote:

Hi, on 06/13/2019 I called Comcast Support to disconnect my residential Xfinity internet service effective immediately and to replace it with a Comcast Business internet service which I now have.

My residential internet service was disconnected immediately on that day and right after that I also received a cancellation confirmation email from Xfinity Comcast (Last day of service:  June 13, 2019).

Why is there a new bill for the residential internet service ($71.29 due date: 07/16/2019) in my  Xfinity account?

I'm supposed to be getting money back because Xfinity Comcast charged me in advance.

That bill was probably generated before you called.  What is the date on the statement?  If it's close to the 13th on either side that will tell you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Canceled service, Still receiving a new bill. Please help!

Hi @usertt

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums to bring this to our attention. We apologize for the experience. @Again is correct. This bill may have been generated prior to you calling in to cancel the service. I'd be more than happy to review the old account to confirm whether or not that is the case. If any corrections need to be made, I can assist. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!