Community Forum

Can you add a "choose date" auto-pay option, pretty please? (NOT A DUE DATE THREAD)

New Poster

Can you add a "choose date" auto-pay option, pretty please? (NOT A DUE DATE THREAD)

I'm not asking to change my due date, all i'm asking for is the ability to have xfinity bill my bank account on a date that i choose, as long as it's before my billing due date.

An option like this will remove the likelihood of overdrafts fees (from my bank) or late fees (from Xfinity). If i can autopay my $40 bill on the 1st or 2nd (after i get paid) that's due on the 28th, that'd be great for both parties; no overdraft or late fees for me, AND, Xfinity gets their money early.

As of right now, you have 2 options:

1. turn on auto-payment and it'll charge your bank account every month, on the same day, whether or not you like the date it auto-pays on. for me, it's stuck on the 28th, and i don't get paid until the 1st, so i either eat up the overdraft fee AND late fee, or, i remember to keep $50-60 in that account.

2. turn off auto-payment and add a stressor to your life by having to remember to pay your bill before or on the due date

I'm asking you to add 1 more option:

3. select an auto-payment date to be drawn from my bank account, as long as the date is on or before my due date. we are all allowed to pay our bills early MANUALLY, so adding a feature where you pay your bills early AUTOMATICALLY shouldn't be a problem right?

New Poster

Re: Can you add a "choose date" auto-pay option, pretty please? (NOT A DUE DATE THREAD)

Really wish I had an option to do what I just did, except automatically, and every month. I paid my bill 23 days early so i don't get charged an overdraft fee from my bank and a late fee from Xfinity at the end of the month because i forgot to leave $42 in my account.

nobody else wants a feature to automatically pay your bills early? or do you all have due dates on the 1st? if so, tell me the cheat codes to get a due date on the 1st lol.

Official Employee

Re: Can you add a "choose date" auto-pay option, pretty please? (NOT A DUE DATE THREAD)

Hi, junks89 - Thank you for your feedback, I will pass it along the teams. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!