Community Forum

Can't Afford Comcast Anymore

Highlighted
New Poster

A few months ago I tried to get my bill lowered because I was recently out of work. They lowered it by a few bucks but sneakily extended my contract. I cannot afford to pay $140 a month for service. Especially not when there are cheaper options like Sling and Hulu out there. Any suggestions on how I can get my bill under $100 (including equipment, etc)? I'm not entirely attached to having cable, only internet is a necessity. This is my highest bill and it's ridiculous.

Official Employee

Re: Can't Afford Comcast Anymore

candi3188, let's check out some internet only deals. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I too just got my bill $20.00 more..on SS do not have the money..where can I go..and how does hulu and other's work?

New Poster

I know how you feel. I don't understand why it is so high to have service. I just want to drop all but the internet because I can't afford 160 a month for what I have

Official Employee

shotzie7 and jamoke3172 -- Hello, I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with the account? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have been a customer since 1985,never missed a payment or late. Over decades l paid thousands. I am retired on fixed income, disable, senior, former Marine. Can I get any help in lowering my bill. I already have limited Internet and tv services, but combined I am paying almost $90.00 per month. Is there any help for the upper low income. Seems like the poor always get a break.
New Poster

I have been a loyal Comcast customer for over 20 years. Now have internet, phone, security and television. Don't believe I've ever missed a payment. Bill just went up again. Wish Comcast would reward loyal longstanding customers like they do new customers. Have to consider alternatives at this point.

New Poster

I called today my bill went from $159 to $213. I only have 1 tv and internet. I removed showtime, hbo and phone. Also, downgraded my cable. I have mid-range speed for internet, which stinks. This brought my bill to $167 which is still horrific. Not much left to drop here. Any posters have an alternative? I cannot afford this and I'm not the only one!
Official Employee

Hello, all - 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I understand how important it is to have a low bill, and I would love to have the opportunity to help. Feel free to send me a  PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”