Community Forum

Can not get answer regarding descrepancy on what my actual final bill is...

Highlighted
New Poster

Can not get answer regarding descrepancy on what my actual final bill is...

I received a bill stating there is a -50.78 balance so I figured I was all set. I then get a weird automated phone call telling me I owe. I was annoyed because I do not my personal information to some random number. I decided to check online and the bill summary says I owe $49.22. I am confused so I click to look at the bill thinking maybe I got wrong bill etc. Well it was exactly the same as I the one I received in the mail. My issue is customer service can not even give me a clear answer or explanation for this discrepancy. I do not want to pay a balance for which I have no bill because companies are quick to bother you when you owe them money but when they owe you it takes months or you hounding them etc. to get what is yours. When I received a negative balance I assume I was done with them and in fact when clicking on the website it called the same bill my final bill. I have asked them to send me this final bill showing what the balance is for and to remove the overdue as I will not pay a bill that is basically non-existant except for the bill summary area. Has anyone ever had this issue or advice since I cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone and I will be really annoyed  if they send this to a collections agency... I have excellent credit and this bill isn't overdue because  I cannot pay or won't pay but because I don't know what is what with no help from the company.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Can not get answer regarding descrepancy on what my actual final bill is...

@AMJ1975 wrote:

I received a bill stating there is a -50.78 balance so I figured I was all set. I then get a weird automated phone call telling me I owe. I was annoyed because I do not my personal information to some random number. I decided to check online and the bill summary says I owe $49.22. I am confused so I click to look at the bill thinking maybe I got wrong bill etc. Well it was exactly the same as I the one I received in the mail. My issue is customer service can not even give me a clear answer or explanation for this discrepancy. I do not want to pay a balance for which I have no bill because companies are quick to bother you when you owe them money but when they owe you it takes months or you hounding them etc. to get what is yours. When I received a negative balance I assume I was done with them and in fact when clicking on the website it called the same bill my final bill. I have asked them to send me this final bill showing what the balance is for and to remove the overdue as I will not pay a bill that is basically non-existant except for the bill summary area. Has anyone ever had this issue or advice since I cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone and I will be really annoyed  if they send this to a collections agency... I have excellent credit and this bill isn't overdue because  I cannot pay or won't pay but because I don't know what is what with no help from the company.

Did you perhaps cancel while still in a contract?  Were you renting any equipment?  If so, that may be where the discrepancy is coming in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I've had a similar problem, not only did I have a credit because it had the "-" in front of it so that means I don't owe it, it's a credit (also the fact that it said CREDIT) but yet I get my bill for the next month and not only was that credit not used, it was gone, and I had to pay bill not only in full BUT with an additional 10 dollar late fee because I was somehow late despite being on autopay and despite having a credit. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you for sharing. I find this practice to be deceitful. I will no longer be doing business with them again!

Highlighted
New Poster

I was already credited for the cancellation on the bill so I am not sure what they are now charging me for since the bill I now just received did not have any details other than Balance Forward...