Community Forum

Calls from 800-266-2278

New Poster

Calls from 800-266-2278

I'm not sure if this should go under billing, customer service, or both. I got a call from this number and a girl named Alicia left a voice mail. She said that a discrepancy had been identified on my account and they couldn't correct it without my permission and that I should call 1-800-Comcast. She stated that she left detailed notes on my account about the discrepancy so that is could be resolved. It sounded fishy to me, I thought maybe it was some kind of scam call. So I Googled the Comcast customer service number and called. I get a woman whose name I couldn't understand and explained why I was calling. She said that there was no discrepancy, I just needed to pay my bill today. I said, fine, I'll pay it, but what is this about a discrepancy? She said she didn't know what that was about, but that the only thing noted on my file was that I needed to pay my bill today. Then I Googled the 800-266-2278 number, and I see a host of complaints from other people about this number. 

I'm often behind on my bill because Comcast is so expensive, but I always pay. Even with the "reminder" call, I don't mind so much. But what is with all this intrigue about a discrepancy on my bill? That was an outright lie, and the customer service rep I spoke with acted as if I was the one who was lying or just plain stupid. I still have the recorded message on my phone. 

I pay Comcast $250 - $300 a month for a handful of channels that I like to watch, and this is what I get. I really wish there was some way to get those few channels I like without ever having to deal with Comcast again. I don't even want to go to DISH because I am sure they are no better. 

Customer service is dead. 

Official Employee

Re: Calls from 800-266-2278

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.