Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

CANCEL SERVICE WITH COMCAST

Regular Visitor

CANCEL SERVICE WITH COMCAST

I am so frustrated with Comcast and the internal structure of resolving customer issues and especially billing and the integrity of the business.

I can't seem to even be able to cancel my service with Comcast in an easy fashion.

How do I cancel my service through a number, email or on the Comcast website?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: CANCEL SERVICE WITH COMCAST

Can't do it on line nor via an email.  You can call 1-800-COMCAST and cancel, but the most sure and secure way to do so is to carry Comcast's equipement to the nearest office and turn it in there.  Note that if you're under a contract, there may be an "early termination fee".  More on that here:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Early-Termination-Fees-ETF/m-p/2892662#M122311

When you return Comcast's equipment, be sure to get a receipt.  Check the serial numbers to make sure the receipt matches any equipment serial numbers.  Keep the receipt in a safe place, until the universe undergoes hydrogen freeze.  Comcast is known to come back weeks, months and even years to claim equipment was never return, and try to charge for it.  That receipt is your proof you did.  Consider scanning or copying it.  Our office uses thermal paper (similar to disappearing ink) that fades to a blank piece of paper in a matter of a week or so.

Official Employee

Hi Blynn8, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

New Poster

I'm not happy with the programing None of the shows I ask about before signing with your company are available. Matlok, last man standing . None of the car shows, Riba. And many others. I don't watch sports, movies. And don't speak Spanish . Hundreds of channel and nothing to watch. Y'all need to cancel my acct and pick up your equipment. I'm going back to dish