Community Forum

Bundled Deal Pricing

Contributor

Bundled Deal Pricing

After a recent Comcast experience, I decided to check out this message board to see if other customers were having similar issues. Not to my surprise, there are others! With that in mind, I offer the following story: 

I knew my old 2-year HD Preferred Triple Play agreement was set to expire and that my rate was going to dramatically increase. I called the 800 number to see what my options were before my plan expired. Her explanation of what she was offering me was difficult to follow, with her throwing all kinds of different numbers at me (which I felt was intentional in efforts to confuse me). Finally, in the end, what I understood was that she could give me HD Premier Triple play for $159.99/mo for the first year, and the second year would be $184.99/mo. I told her I wanted to think about it for a little while.

Exacerbated by the phone call, I decided to go to my local Xfinity store so I could speak with a rep face-to-face. He offered me HD Premier for $159.99/mo for 2 years, and the 3rd year would be at $184.99/mo!!! (The early termination fee would end after the 2-year period, and at least I was guaranteed a price for the 3rd year.) I told the rep that I was quoted something different when I called the 800 number earlier in the day. He said that was not unusual. I signed his agreement.

The next day, I called the 800 number again because I was trying to get the contract terms in writing (which I'm supposed to be able to get in My Accounts online, but couldn't). During the conversation, I told this rep that I got a better deal at my local store than what I was quoted over the phone. Believe it or not, she told me that she could not even offer me the $159.99/mo for first year, $184.99 second year deal that I was offered over the phone just one day prior! All she could give me was retail price of $221/mo! She then told me that she recently learned (from her supervisor) that customers can often get better deals by visiting their local store. Maybe it doesn't always happen, but in my case it did. I told her that I'm sure many people don't know this, because most probably think of Comcast as more like a utility, and all rates are the same no matter where you purchase. I certainly thought that was the case.

So if you have a local Xfinity store, I would encourage you to visit it and see what type of deal they can give you and compare it to any quote you get over the 800 phone line.

If you do get a deal from a local store, get a print out of the agreement while you're there, because for whatever reason you can't access the contract online (at least I can't). I had to go back to the store the next day and shake the written contract out of them.

Anyway, I hope my own little story ends up being beneficial to someone out there!

Official Employee

Re: Bundled Deal Pricing

g-hodgson -- This is great to hear that you were able to get a better deal. I would like to add that, here on the forums we can always look for better deas as well. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Thank you.