Community Forum

Broadcast TV Fee

New Poster

Broadcast TV Fee

Recently switched to an internet/tv plan to avoid a ridiculous price hike. Never wanted TV service, had no plans to use it. Of course my new bill has an awesome new charge: 

Broadcast TV Fee $13

Nope. I'm not paying comcast for what I get from my antenna already. As I do not use their box and have no way to access this programming, I don't see how they can still charge it. Not to mention the fact that this fee is not advertised or referred to, anywhere on comcasts site. In fact, the only reference I can find to the fee is the page labeled "Why do I have to pay a fee"...

Other than return the STB (which I'm doing anyway, no way I'm going to be on the hook for their equipment) is there anything more I can do to get this "bad word" off my bill? I see the amount doesn't seem to be the same for everyone, let me guess, it's exactly the amount the customer "saved" by bundling TV and internet...

Official Employee

Re: Broadcast TV Fee

I can certainly check and see what we have to offer, can you verify your account with me? To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.