Community Forum

Broadcast TV Fee applied to an Internet only service package

New Poster

Broadcast TV Fee applied to an Internet only service package

Just updated my service package to an internet only plan but I still see a line item for "broadcast tv fee". Why is this charge present on an internet-only subscription?

New Poster

Re: Broadcast TV Fee applied to an Internet only service package

I just posted about that too. I don't even have the flex add-on. I'm pretty sure this is illegal I'm looking into it
New Poster

Thank you - please do update the thread with your findings. In the meantime, I am hoping that one of the official Comcast employee members will chime in on this thread.

Expert

@amsaraff wrote:

Just updated my service package to an internet only plan but I still see a line item for "broadcast tv fee". Why is this charge present on an internet-only subscription?

You say you "Just updated my service package..." If you made any changes in the middle of your month, changes aren't going to be updated online on your billing statement until the next statement is generated and posted.  At that time you should see prorated charges for the Broadcast TV fee.  The following billing statement should no longer show the Broadcast TV fee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye on next month's bill and report back with findings.