Community Forum

Broadcast TV Fee & Regional Sports Fee for internet only customer

New Poster

Broadcast TV Fee & Regional Sports Fee for internet only customer

I recently changed my plan to be internet only, however on my bill I am seeing the following taxes & charges. What are these charges for? I was told my total (including taxes), would be approximately $81.xx (150mbps plan, using my own modem). 

Regional Sports Fee

$6.50

Broadcast TV Fee

$8.00

TV Franchise Fee
$2.63
TV PEG Access Support
$0.51
TV Local Utility User Tax
$6.05
Voice 911 Fee(s)
$0.17
Expert

Re: Broadcast TV Fee & Regional Sports Fee for internet only customer

@mayurbhatia wrote:

I recently changed my plan to be internet only, however on my bill I am seeing the following taxes & charges. What are these charges for? I was told my total (including taxes), would be approximately $81.xx (150mbps plan, using my own modem). 

Regional Sports Fee

$6.50

Broadcast TV Fee

$8.00

TV Franchise Fee
$2.63
TV PEG Access Support
$0.51
TV Local Utility User Tax
$6.05
Voice 911 Fee(s)
$0.17

If you recently changed are you looking at your current bill?  Was the bill printed - not delivered - before your change?  If so, those charges will drop off after the next bill.  In the meantime, pay what is shown on your bill.  Any charges you see will be prorated on that next bill.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Thanks for providing that excellent insight, Again. 

Hello mayurbhatia. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. If you would like assistance with reviewing your bill, to verify these TV fees/taxes have been removed, I can help. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello mayurbhatia. Thanks for private messaging me and allowing us to discuss your situation. Due to elapsed time with no private message response, this thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.