Community Forum

Bogus Fees Charged on an already Expensive Service! THIS IS EXTORTION!!!

New Poster

Bogus Fees Charged on an already Expensive Service! THIS IS EXTORTION!!!

I've had internet service since June of 2016. My bill was around $64, apparently under a promotional package. Comcasts always posts a bill in advance so I always paid the most recent bill and never had any issues. I noticed a few months ago (without notice) my bill had gone up to around $93. The first month I paid it. The second month I called because I did not know why my bill had gone up but $93 is too expensive for internet service!

I spoke with a woman named Olga and instead of cancelling my Comcast service, she talked me into adding on cable service through a "promotional package" that would bring my total to $109 and HBO would be free for a year. I thought this was a fair deal so I agreed.

It hasn't even been a full 30 days yet, and although I paid my $93 in September and an additional $57.04 (my "past due balance") on October 8th, Comcast has sent me a bill for $420.00!!!! Of that amount, $262.00 is supposedly my Past Due Balance!

So I IMMEDIATELY called Comcast and spoke with a very rude guy named Joe who attempted to explain to me how one goes from a $93 bill to a whooping $420. According to Joe, the past due balance I paid was ONLY to keep my service on and it was actually an additional $85 past due balance due..... Really? TWO past due balances?! I was charged $40 for an installation fee, although I picked up the boxes myself at the store, and a technician indeed came to my house LATE due to "wiring issues" and had not changed one wire. The other $262 dollars is apparently from being billed a bill in advance, although I haven't even had the service for over 30 days.... Please help me to understand, if I paid my bill every month, what COMCAST said was due, and has never been disconnected for non-payment, HOW in the world do I get a bill for $420 for a service I literally just signed up for?! And $262 past due balance when I JUST paid a past due balance of $57.04??! I also called on 10/18 and spoke with a "Ray" to discuss disconnecting my service, I was told I would receive a call back the next day and what do you know.... No call back. There should be more than Class Action Lawsuits against this company... It is a SHAME how customers are treated when we are paying for a service! RIDICULOUS

New Poster

Re: Bogus Fees Charged on an already Expensive Service! THIS IS EXTORTION!!!

Oh and I am NOT receiving HBO channels as I was told either!

Official Employee

Re: Bogus Fees Charged on an already Expensive Service! THIS IS EXTORTION!!!

Hi LeslieSabb16,

I'm sorry you feel this way. I'd like to make this right for you. Please allow me the opportunity to review your bill and the charges you've received and we can go from there. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.